Flyover view of the new Lake Lure Classical Academy site taken 2-12-15.
The permanent school construction project at Island Creek Road is progressing very nicely, due to good weather (during grading process), good planning, and a top-notch group of professionals making it all happen.
The school construction project is over 20% completed, and is on budget and on-schedule for the 2015/2016 school year starting on August of 2015.
Major accomplishments to date include:
- All storm water protection measures implemented
- Rough grading of entire site completed
- Finished grading of building pad completed*
- Forced main connected to Town sewer services at Highway 9
- Forced main line installed along Donald Ross trail to school property
- Donald Ross trail reopened with trail improvements including all new mulch
- Town covered picnic shelter relocated to trail interconnect area on Town property
- New school entrance established at Island Creek Road
- Seventeen of the fifty-one pre-engineered educational building components have been completed at the factory in Pearson, Georgia and ready for delivery
- Storm water drainage being installed
by calling (828) 351-9930 or emailing Development Director Scarlette Tapp at [email protected]
We are very fortunate to have community partners working with the Lake Lure Community Education Foundation and the school to host fundraisers. La Strada has been hosting a monthly dine-out for education night (first Thursday of the month); Dr. Clay Baker ran a fundraising promotion in the fall for new patients and we have an upcoming fun night out on March 7th to support Raise the Roof (for our gym/auditorium). See the flyer below. Limited tickets available! We appreciate all of the sponsors and organizers for their support!